COVID-19 Guidelines for office
COVID-19 Guidelines for office
Scheduling an appointment
To schedule an appointment, you will need to either call/text at 619-722-5144 or email: [email protected] Email and text massage is best. Once scheduled, you will receive an email that will pertain the guidelines that need to be followed. A confirmation of appointment attendance will be emailed the day before your appointment which will include a partial COVID-19 questionnaire to help reduce paperwork time in the office.
On the day of your appointment, please arrive at your scheduled appointment time.
Session will start 15 minutes after appointment time.
Example for 60-minute treatment: 11am check-in (temperature taken, paperwork), 11:15 start of treatment, 12:15 end of treatment (12:45 for 90 minute session).
The CDC has provided specific guidelines that must be followed in order for me to safely re-open and provide massage services. Below you will find the changes that will be implemented following the COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Expanded Personal Care Services.
Procedures for Clients
• Upon your arrival, call or text message therapist at 619-722-5144. Please do not enter the building until you have been told by the therapist to enter.
• Please come alone to appointment.
• Clients must wear a face mask at all times including the entirety of the massage treatment, including face up and face down.
• Temperature/hand sanitization will be done before entry of treatment room. A temperature of 100 degrees or higher will result in automatic cancellation/rescheduling of the current appointment.
• Clients will be instructed on where they can put their belongings within the treatment room.
• In treatment room, prior to the session, therapist will go through COVID-19 questionnaire, treatment intake form, and treatment session specific questions.
• Therapist will exit the treatment room to wash hands while client takes the time to prepare for session to begin.
• Bring your own water bottle and no food allowed.
Procedures for Pre/post Treatment room disinfecting
• Therapist will wear face mask, face shield or goggles, apron, and gloves for the entirety of treatment sessions.
-Apron will be changed between each client.
- Gloves will be changed between each client and as needed.
• Treatment room will be disinfected beginning of shift, between clients, and end of shift.
• Therapist will wash hands and arms before and after each treatment sessions.
• Therapist will wear gloves with all clients during massage treatment with the exception of when cupping therapy is performed.
• Treatment room will be disinfected between clients, which entail:
- Changing of bed linen.
- Disinfect/sanitation of the following:
- massage table protector, face cradle, door handles, treatment room desk, all massage tools, chairs, hangers, bolsters, pillows, shelves, credit card devices, check- out tablet, and belongings area.
Please be aware:
- Guidelines listed above will be performed at every appointment with all clients (new and existing), no exceptions
- Please arrive at check-in time (initial treatment time). This time of 15 minutes is allotted for the process of checking in and preparing for treatment. If you are late, treatment session time will not be extended.
- Arm and hand portion of massage session will be saved for the end of treatment
- No facial/scalp massages will be provided at this time.
- There will be a post treatment follow-up call, text, or email from therapist 2-3 days after massage treatment. This is to check on clients health and well-being post treatment session.
Automatic cancellation/rescheduling of appointments
-Appointments will be automatically cancelled/rescheduled for symptoms of COVID-19. If you are or have experienced any symptoms below before your appointment date, please notify the therapist.
-People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
-Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
• Fever or chills
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle or body aches
• New loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.
Information on COVID-19 please visit the website listed below.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides the latest information about COVID-19 and the global outbreak: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html